SOLVED SMTP Mail - Port 587 vs 465

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! I confirmed I can't connect to that server over 465 either as it seems the port is closed. You may want to check the firewall on the server to confirm that port 465 is open, and if it is, speak with the hosting provider or datacenter to see if there is anything they can adjust to help get that working outside of your machine.

Zardiw

Sep 22, 2017
Palm Springs
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! I confirmed I can't connect to that server over 465 either as it seems the port is closed. You may want to check the firewall on the server to confirm that port 465 is open, and if it is, speak with the hosting provider or datacenter to see if there is anything they can adjust to help get that working outside of your machine.

Thank you so much!!!.......I own that server, so will try to figure out how to open port 465.......Thanks again!

cPanelAnthony

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 18, 2021
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello! As quietFinn alluded to, if you use CSF, there is a plugin in WHM for that.

Otherwise, you will want to reach out to your web hosting provider or systems administrator. This port needs to be opened in your server's firewall, which would be unrelated to cPanel or WHM. We don't support CSF either, but there is a WHM plugin for itt.