The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SMTP Port 26 (extra exim port) Cron Reset?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by EcpHosting, Apr 3, 2003.

1. EcpHosting

EcpHosting Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2002
    I currently have port 26 activated in WHM (under "service manager") for an extra port in Exim, which works great for our clients who are behind a firewall preventing them from using port 25, right?

Here's the bug...

Each time CPanel upgrades their software, port 26 is disabled (even though its activated in service manager). I can reset port 26 and still the problem remains... however, if i change the port to port 27 and then back to port 26, it works again!

However, I have to do this each time CPanel upgrades.... my question is:

Is there a way to setup a cron to update port 26 (like in the process above) so that this can be reset?

Any advise would be helpful. Thanks! (would love to get rid of the manaully port update on each server)
  2. FWC

FWC Well-Known Member

May 13, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Look in /etc/chkserv.d. You should have an exim-26 file in there. Edit the file. If there is a bunch of blank space before service[exim-26] delete it. I did that and chkservd started catching and restarting exim on port 26 whenever exim restarted. It might work for you, too.