The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SMTP, quota, domain names ?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by madhurules, Feb 19, 2010.

1. madhurules

madhurules Registered

Hello!

I have a cPanel enabled VPS (ServerName) and hosts multiple domains.
    cPanel 11.25.0-R43470 - WHM 11.25.0 - X 3.9
    CENTOS 5.4 i686 virtuozzo on server

1. outgoing SMTP authentication based on domain name:
    Outgoing mail requires authentication.
    when user1@domain1.com sends email, they are currently able to connect to any of the domain names hosted on my VPS. For ex: user1@domain1.com can use mail.domain2.com as SMTP server and mails still get accepted for delivery. They can also currently use ServerName as outgoing server and still send out emails.

The problem I have is this: Quotas are enabled and SMTP traffic is also counted towards bandwidth usage.
    If users in domain1.com use any other name(say mail.domain2.com) to connect, then the outgoing SMTP traffic gets counted towards domain2.com - though that should not be the case.

How can I ensure that user1@domain1.com use only *.domain1.com as outgoing SMTP?

2. Incoming SMTP traffic:
    Similarly, my server should accept incoming SMTP traffic only when the connections place according to the domain name for which email is sent to. For instance if there is an incoming SMTP mail for user1@domain1.com, then my server should accept requests only when connection to the server has been made as "mail.domain1.com" and not referred to by any other name.

How can I do this?

Thanks so much.