The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SMTP Restrictions disabled problems with spam list

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Otávio Serra, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Otávio Serra

Otávio Serra Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi every one,

Last week I needed to disable SMTP Restrictions on WHM because one account have one website here in my server, but mail's server in another server. Today I detected that my server entered in SPAMCOP list.

I located in WHM's Mail Delivery Reports a lot of mail rejection and in Delivery Event Details I saw this Authentication: forwarder

[Removed Due To Use Of Real Domain Names]
    Result: SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: 421-4.7.0 [removed 15] Our system has detected that this message is\n421-4.7.0 suspicious due to the very low reputation of the sending domain. To\n421-4.7.0 best protect our users from spam, the message has been blocked.\n421-4.7.0 Please visit\n421 4.7.0 Why has Gmail blocked my messages? - Gmail Help for more information. f89si7077027plf.1039 - gsmtp

All of this bunch of mails don't was sent from my server [removed] . I searched for these mails on Mail Delivery Reports and it was not found. This is one example of messages returns from server's recipients that defered this bunch of mails. There are a lot of similar messages.

So, I understood that SMTP Restrictions need to be enabled to fix this. But in need to forward mail for 2 accounts. It's possible to do it with WHM/cPanel or I need other 3rd party solution? Anyone knows what can I do to fix it? Or I have another possibility to fix it?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The SMTP Restrictions feature is not designed for modifications or whitelisting of additional users. I suggest using a third-party firewall management utility such as CSF instead:

ConfigServer Security & Firewall

There are options that allow you to restrict SMTP similar to the SMTP Restrictions option in WHM.

Thank you.

3. Otávio Serra

Otávio Serra Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for your help. That's what I'm looking for.

cPanelMichael likes this.