The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SMTP security application tweak ???

Discussion in 'Security' started by ng_sa, May 13, 2013.

1. ng_sa

ng_sa Registered

May 13, 2013
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner

Newbie here so not certain if I am posting in correct area ???

I have been developing my own security application for going on 10 years written in C, we very rarely get spam as we do not store & analyse etc., I never understood why anyone would waste disk space stoing spam !!!

The system does not do any content checking our system works on the network layer in real time.

I usually add a few changes to the code around this time of year as it is reasonable quiet time & I get more time for testing. This time last year I add a 'sleep' function which seems to have got the spammers like hinet , softlayer , ovh etc. etc. very upset. They went crazy for about 6 months before they realised that they were now wasting even much more time trying to deliver their payloads - dont you feel so sorry for these monkeys !!!

Thinking we might add the ability to 'query' the incoming MX server for a response on port 25 :)

I have been using telnet to check incoming SMTP servers from ebay , outlook , google etc. & they all respond very quickly to the query while I had the inbound connection sleep for up to 10 seconds.

Does anyone have any experience with checking inbound SMTP connections in real time ???