The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SMTP Timeout Errors and Exim

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by mickalo, Jan 24, 2007.

1. mickalo

mickalo Well-Known Member

Hello,

Interesting observation the other day and was wondering if this can be done with Exim MTA.

I had been trying to send an email to a client of ours, but for some reasons all their accounts/domains where down(in the UK), but the various emails that I sent through our server just sat in the mail que and could not be delievered.

now today I tried sending an email through my ISP, frontiernet but due the account not be reachable, I could not even send the email at all from my Outlook Express, but if I send it via our mail server, it goes through but sits in the que. This is the error I get when attempting to send via my ISP Smtp:
    Code:
    A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. 
    Subject 'Schools.ac Mods', Account: 'Frontiernet', Server: 'smpt.frontiernet.net', 
    Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): 
    No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

which is a TIMEOUT ERROR.

can this been done some way with Exim so the emails just don't sit in the que for X days till it deleted as it can't be sent to the recipient instead of filling up the mail que??

THX's
    Mickalo