Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SNI on cPanel port 2083

Discussion in 'Security' started by rinkleton, Jan 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. rinkleton

rinkleton Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I read that this was enabled for v60 and should just work by default. Some accounts this works on and some it doesn't (it falls back to the shared services cert). Just wondering what conditions need to be true for it to work?

All accounts use AutoSSL and have an issued, valid cpanel ssl for a parked domain on the account. I feel like I'm just missing a setting or something.

2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

It should work just fine, if it does for other domains.. I would like you to check the SSL certificate that is loaded properly for the domains and see if they have not reverted. It would also be good if you can send in a screenshot to explain it more.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  4. rinkleton

rinkleton Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    So I'm guessing the issue is related to how autossl works in regard to aliased domains.

For my setup we park an aliased domain on the account:
    example1.com.11.example2.com - this serves as both a preview version of the site, and a link for cpanel
    example1.com is the actual account which we may or may not have pointed to our server yet
    example2.com is our domain we have control of.

So two scenarios:
    1) example1.com has an EV cert only good for example1.com and www.example1.com - even with autossl on, it will never issue a cert for the aliased domain example1.com.11.example2.com thus leaving cpanel and the preview link with cert errors (best case)

2) autossl issued a cert for example1.com and www.example1.com before the dns for example1.com.11.example2.com resoves, thus failing the autossl test. manually running autossl doesn't issue a cert for example1.com.11.example2.com because the account already has a valid cert. I'm guessing that after 90 days it will renew and include the parked domain?

Is there a way I can issue a cert for the parked domain separately?

5. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

It should make another attempt to issue the certificate for the alias if the initial attempt fails. Feel free to open a support ticket so we can take a closer look if this isn't happening.

Thank you.