The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So basically this is what I understand so far...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mcpopp, Feb 15, 2008.

1. mcpopp

mcpopp Registered

90% of the information in the forums is not really for someone (like me) is is only running a blog, right?

I've been reading most of the forum stuff for about an hour or so and really, other than how to upload Wordpress to the correct directory, the rest of the stuff is so far over my head that it HAS to be for folks who are doing a LOT more than typing in their personal blog. Right?

The only thing I want to know is whether or not anyone can get to my blog and hack it.

The rest of it (stuff about Wordpress) I think I can handle.

Thanks.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You are correct. This forum is for server administrators who use cPanel software. Your host is your server administrator or is at least the person you should be directing your blog questions to. He may redirect you to the blog community as well.

Probably. If your blog software and any plugins/addons you use are up to date, and the server administrator keeps the server up to date and secure, the chance is lessoned, but you'll never be 100% sure if its safe. That's why you should always keep up to date backups. No matter how secure you think you are.

3. mcpopp

mcpopp Registered

I thought so ...

Thanks InfoPro. I rather thought this was the case. I am the administrator of my web host account and no one else has access to my site but me so I wondered why my web host directed me to this forum in a "Welcome" letter. Clearly it was meant for a system administrator and such.

But thanks ... it's nice to know that I'm not crazy after all! LOL :eek: