Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SoftException in Application.cpp:624: Could not execute script

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by roddy, Jun 28, 2017.

1. roddy

roddy Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Guys,

I'm getting an error I haven't seen before. I migrated accounts from an EA3 cPanel + Cloudlinux, to a EA4 cPanel + Cloudlinux server.

The site is getting a 500 error and I'm seeing this in the apache error log:

Code:
    [Wed Jun 28 06:43:37.058353 2017] [:error] [pid 9461:tid 140354087020288] [client 180.92.193.94:49915] SoftException in Application.cpp:624: Could not execute script "/home/oldtechnosource/public_html/index.php"
    [Wed Jun 28 06:43:37.058507 2017] [:error] [pid 9461:tid 140354087020288] [client 180.92.193.94:49915] Caused by SystemException in API_Linux.cpp:458: execve() for program "/opt/cpanel/ea-php53/root/usr/bin/php-cgi" failed: Permission denied
    [Wed Jun 28 06:43:37.058597 2017] [core:error] [pid 9461:tid 140354087020288] [client 180.92.193.94:49915] End of script output before headers: index.php

I've switched between Su_PHP and CGI and both don't work.

I can get PHP to load the page by emulating the user on the command line with:
    cagefs_enter_user --root oldtechnosource php index.php
    And it produces output.

I read this post but it's suggestions didn't work:
    SoftException in Application.cpp:604: Could not execute script (path to php file)

Any ideas?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you run the "yum update" command to verify all of your EA4 and CloudLinux packages are updated?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. roddy

roddy Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael,

Certainly, here you go:

Code:
     [root@sau-0c7f7-cs ~]# yum update
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, rhnplugin, universal-hooks
    This system is receiving updates from CLN.
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
     * cpanel-addons-production-feed: 27.50.85.8
     * cloudlinux-x86_64-server-7: cl-mirror.umbrellar.nz
     * epel: epel.mirror.digitalpacific.com.au
    No packages marked for update 
    I also ran yum repolist if that helps:

Code:
     [root@sau-0c7f7-cs ~]# yum repolist
    Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, rhnplugin, universal-hooks
    This system is receiving updates from CLN.
    Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
     * cpanel-addons-production-feed: 27.50.85.8
     * cloudlinux-x86_64-server-7: cl-mirror.umbrellar.nz
     * epel: mirror.nsw.coloau.com.au
    repo id                                                                                                    repo name                                                                                                            status
    cpanel-addons-production-feed/7/x86_64                                                                      cPanel Addons Production Feed                                                                                                16
    cl-ea4/7/x86_64                                                                                             CloudLinux 7 EasyApache4                                                                                                  4,501
    cloudlinux-imunify360/7/x86_64                                                                              CloudLinux-7 - Imunify360                                                                                                   276
    cloudlinux-x86_64-server-7                                                                                  CloudLinux Server 7 x86_64                                                                                           31,898+282
    cpanel-plugins                                                                                              cPanel Plugins project (CentOS 7)                                                                                            77
    epel/x86_64                                                                                                 Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 7 - x86_64                                                                       11,066+789
    puppetlabs-pc1/x86_64                                                                                       Puppet Labs PC1 Repository el 7 - x86_64                                                                                    125
    r1soft/x86_64                                                                                               R1Soft Repository Server                                                                                                     23
    repolist: 47,982

4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. roddy

roddy Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey Michael,

No worries, I've submitted a ticket now :)

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

To update, it looks like the issue stemmed from an incorrect fs.symlinkown_gid value on the system. Updating the value to "99" in the /etc/sysctl.conf file and then executing the "sysctl -p" command addressed the issue.

Thank you.