The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soho website builder install has major bug

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by simpint, Feb 23, 2007.

1. simpint

simpint Member

I tried installing Soho website builder to see what it was like. I installed it to a subdirectory, as I should be able to do, but the install script completely messes up the admin directory to point one level higher than it should.

How rigorously are these things tested?! I'd get fired if I were to bundle something like that in a "RELEASE" build!

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Would you get fired if you didn't know where to go for support for software you use?

Fantastico is just an installer that assists you to install scripts. But its not supported by cPanel.

SoHo is not supported by Fantastico I don't think, but the SoHo site located here.

Time for more homework I guess to keep yur job. ;)

3. simpint

simpint Member

:) I appreciate the info but I don't actually use Fantastico for installs -- a separate license is required for that which I opted not to pay for.

I had been to SoHo's site and fixing this snafoo wasn't too painful but this seems like an obvious oversight.