The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solaris RELEASE Information

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by x23, Apr 14, 2004.

1. x23

x23 Member

Hello,

My company is interested in using cPANEL, however none of our machines run BSD or Linux.
    Most of the machines are running Solaris 9 and we will have to make a decision very soon.

Does anyone here have any clue as to WHEN cPANEL will be available for the Solaris platform ?

Development has been at 85% for the last 6 months.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

While I have no idea as to when cPanel may do anything, you might at least try contacting them and perhaps even "volunteering" to beta solaris pre-releases? Never know, they may be looking for just that solution?

3. Xenon101

Xenon101 Well-Known Member

I think cPanel will be very willing to find people interested in beta testing the Solaris release of their product. As to the services it will manage I think you will find it will still manage only the applications it installs (apache, cppop, exim, bind etc etc) I'm sure if you search the forums you'll find a much more complete list

Edit: I don't know what I'm hoping to achieve but I'm going to try running the installer on Solaris 10 in about 30 mins, as Sun quote that their OS should run Linux programs no problem with no re-coding, so we will see!