SOLUTION: Email Domain Forwarding: No such user here & Boxtrapper missing

nyjimbo

Jan 25, 2003
New York
Just wanted to make this thread visible as the solution worked for my problem caused by last night's update.
Thanks!

Patrick McNeal
ATG Internet
What version are you running?. We are running WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.9.1-S14304 and after a migration yesterday to a new machine we have the same problem.

nyjimbo

Jan 25, 2003
New York
I tested this and it didn't help either:.

Under Advanced Editor for Exim, I added this section under Directors:

valias_domain_file:
driver = redirect
allow_defer
allow_fail
condition = ${lookup {$domain} lsearch {/etc/vdomainaliases/$domain}{yes}{no} }
require_files = +/etc/vdomainaliases/$domain
data = [email protected]${lookup {$domain} lsearch {/etc/vdomainaliases/$domain} }

It has no impact either apparently.
I noticed I can see that in the actual exim.conf but if I edit it online via the WHM editor I cannot find that chunk. Is it supposed to be like that?. We are having the same problem on our WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.9.1-S14304 running freebsd 6.2

KrystalS

Mar 15, 2004
UK
WHM 11.2.0 cPanel 11.6.0-R15076
REDHAT Enterprise 4 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

same problem, and lots of unhappy customers :(

nyjimbo

Jan 25, 2003
New York
Does /usr/local/cpanel/etc/cf/virtual_aliases exist on the server ?
On mine? Yes.

Michael Photakis from your support SSHd to my box and said he added a the domain to the userdomains and it worked. However I dont think that is all he did and I need to know if that is a permanent fix?.

I just got the same problem with another domain and added it to the userdomains but that didnt fix it this time.

It seems that the offending domains are not in vmail or userdomains, however these files were copied from an older server two days ago and the domain DO exist in those (plus other areas) on the old server

Do these files (userdomains, stuff in vmail, etc..) get built from something else and is ther something I can take from the old machine to the new and then run something to fix them all at once ??

:(

Last edited:

cPanelNick

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 9, 2015
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Few options to repair

10.x or 11.x:

Code:
https://__SERVERIP__:2087/scripts2/doautofixer?autofix=pro

11.x:

/scripts/autorepair

nyjimbo

Jan 25, 2003
New York
Few options to repair

10.x or 11.x:

Code:
https://__SERVERIP__:2087/scripts2/doautofixer?autofix=pro
Are you responding to all of us or someone specific?. Just want to be sure......

gotaweb

Dec 3, 2002
My log files showed the boxtrapper files being removed just like brianoz above. My updates are set to RELEASE. I ran /scripts/autorepair just now and now boxtrapper directory is back in /usr/local/cpanel/bin. Boxtrapper is still not working though, all emails still go directly through.

M

Matt_Carey

Please run the following commands:

/scripts/buildeximconf

/scripts/restartsrv exim

xidica

Apr 21, 2005
Texas
Ok I just fixed it on 162 boxen. Too bad the other 300-400 are still running cPanel 10 and boxtrapper no longer works in it. GRRRRRRRRRRReat...thanks

BluTech

Registered
Mar 26, 2007
Mail Troubleshooting

PROBLEM:
After updating the cpanel software, we haven't received any server email. We haven't updated anything on our scripts or mail server. Whether it is [email protected] or [email protected] or [email protected] the error we get is:

SMTP error from remote mail server after MAIL
host mail.*****.com [***.***.***.***]: 553 5.3.0
<[email protected]*****.com>... No such user

I also used the email troubleshooting tool and everything seems to be fine. They map to the mail.*****.com.

SOLUTION:
Step 1:
cd /etc/
ls -al exim*
mv exim.conf exim.conf.old
mv exim.conf.buildtest exim.conf.buildtest.old
mv exim.conf.dist exim.conf.dist.old
mv exim.conf.local exim.conf.local.old
/scripts/autorepair
/scripts/buildeximconf
/scripts/restartsrv exim

Step 2:
/scripts/upcp --force
/scripts/eximup --force
/scripts/fixeverything

rligg

Sep 16, 2003
Is there a formal solution to this problem? Domain forwarding is not working on my cpanel 11 server. I get "no such user" error when sending email to [email protected]

I have a domain forwarder setup as follows:

domain2.com > domain.com