The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[SOLVED] smtp transport process returned non-zero status 0x000b

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by stoner, Aug 7, 2011.

1. stoner

stoner Member

hello,

this problem has been posted A lot in this forum with absolutely no answer, i even found some threads dated to 2002 with the same problem and no fix and this is the reason im starting a new thread.

when i try to send emails to certain providers like gmail, godaddy, yahoo, hotmail and such, my the emails get Frozen and do not delivery from multiple accounts in my WHM for different hosted domains.

its the same with receiving emails from the same providers.

i have 2 questions,

1) how can i add "hosts_avoid_tls = *" to my exim.conf file through WHM control panel? please explain in details.
    i cant edit the exim.conf file because it apparently gets overwritten by WHM.

2) is adding that to my exim.conf file is a permanent solution?

I hope this thread gets answered by the customer support or atleast point to the thread that has a proper solution to it.

thank you in advance

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you open up a ticket for us to investigate the issue properly to see what is happening? Rather than suggesting to add any configuration options to exim, I would rather ensure the suggestion is a legitimate resolution.

A ticket can be opened in WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature. Please post the ticket number here upon opening one so that we can post an update to this thread upon resolution.

3. stoner

stoner Member

hello,

thanks for the reply but thats what i did actually and i got a reply and fixed.

for anyone who has this problem, what the Support Staff did whas he reinstalled Exim via /scripts/eximup --force

then he changed the permissions of /etc/exim.crt and /etc/exim.key

i hope that helps.

Please mark this as [SOLVED] so ppl can know.