The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

some confusion about ca bundle and the trustwave products

Discussion in 'Security' started by stardotstar, Oct 14, 2011.

1. stardotstar

stardotstar Well-Known Member

I am working through a wildcard cert from trustwave from the whm panel and stuffed everything up.

I got in touch with my back end admin/support and they fixed things up but are asking for a CABUNDLE with the certificate files.

Since during the process of installation the block for a ca bundle is labelled "optional" and trustwave have gotten back to me with the following information when I requested a ca bundle:

"In terms of a CA bundle; Trustwave certificates do not use CA bundles. We do, however, have a root certificate that might be of use.

https://ssl.trustwave.com/support/support-root-download.php"

So, can anyone clarify for me why I *would* need a ca bundle to properly install a trustwave wildcard (or any type for that matter) ssl on my whm host?

I got this from my support:

"Hello,
    Thank You for your update.CA bundle is needed for installing ssl domain."

which is not helpful to me since I just explained that trustwave don't use them...

Obviously I don[t have my head around the mechanics of all this but that is one of the reasons I use cPanel and tried the trustwave process within it. Which is not to say that these products mitigate ignorance in running a web host but that I am so time poor I have been relying a lot on how efficient the whole management process is made by cPanel/WHM.

Will