Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Some Domains Have Stopped Working - DNS!

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by connorlong, Dec 17, 2007.

1. connorlong

connorlong Member

OK. I have quite a few domains (websites) on my dedicated server. All of a suddon, some have stopped working. I can't even ping them. But they do exist. I have had a look at the DNS setup and all looks fine.
    When a do a DNS Report on the domains that have a problem, I get the following error:

-START OF ERROR MESSAGE-
    * denotes IP Address

DNS server ns1.SERVER.com[*.*.*.*] is alive, but not authoritative for domain 'ProblemDomain.co.za' and didn't return SOA
    DNS server ns2.SERVER.com[*.*.*.*] is alive, but not authoritative for domain 'ProblemDomain.co.za' and didn't return SOA
    0 server(s) are alive
    No DNS servers alive, tests stopped

-Using another Tool, this is the error.
    NS FAIL. NS. A timeout occurred getting the NS records from your nameservers! None of your nameservers responded fast enough. They are probably down or unreachable. I can't continue since your nameservers aren't responding. If you have a Watchguard Firebox, it's due to a bug in their DNS Proxy, which must be disabled (31 Jul 2006 UPDATE: several years after being informed of this, there is a rumor that there is a fix that allows the Watchguard DNS proxy to work).
    -END OF ERROR MESSAGE-

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

2. connorlong

connorlong Member

Fix

I find that deleting the DNS entry and recreating it fixes the problem... :(

Not ideal. But it works