The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some email filters not working

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by FreedomBI, Aug 18, 2011.

  1. FreedomBI

    FreedomBI Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2008
    Messages:
    65
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    Recently, I moved a domain from an 11.28 system to an 11.30 system. I use email filtering to deliver messages into folders. This was working until I added a new filter. Now, the filters for mailing lists no longer work. In one, I match on Any Header, with "equals" and the List-Post header. On another, it "matches regex" for the List-Id header. The first one also used to be "matches regex" but I tried changing it when it stopped working. Both of these also have "Stop Processing Rules" after the Deliver to folder rule. These two rules are at the very top of the list of rules.

    I have also seen a filter with a regex on the subject not work, and one with "begins with" and "ends with" does work. I don't know yet about all of the filtering rules, which ones work and which ones don't.

    Have there been changes in 11.30 to email filtering? Any suggestions what I should be looking at?
     
  2. Infopro

    Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 20, 2003
    Messages:
    14,456
    Likes Received:
    195
    Trophy Points:
    63
    Location:
    Pennsylvania
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. FreedomBI

    FreedomBI Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jul 7, 2008
    Messages:
    65
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    6
    The links are outdated, but I did take a look at the Exim filter docs. Unfortunately, they're not very useful for this. Based on what I read, I'm going to guess that saying "Any Header equals", which results in "$message_headers is" is wrong, as it would need to match all of the headers. Instead, I'm trying "contains". I've also noticed that cpanel gets overly enthusiastic about escaping \s, eg. "matches example\.com" becomes "matches example\\\\.com" in the filter file. Actually, with the rules created with previous cpanel versions, it shows up in cpanel as example\\.com and in the filter file as example\\\\\\\\.com.

    Cpanel's docs on creating filters are also pretty minimal.
     
Loading...

Share This Page