The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some email not coming through

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by avara, May 9, 2002.

1. avara

avara Well-Known Member

While Exim appears to be working fine, and email arrives instantly, mail from some servers including aol.com bounces/does not arrive.

How can this be resolved? I assume CPanel is using some kind of blacklisting server, but I didn't find anything in /etc/exim.conf

2. awsol

awsol cPanel Test Bitch

In WHM under Server Setup go to the option Service Manager . Change what port exim runs on. AOL blocks out port 25 most of the time

3. avara

avara Well-Known Member

Umm thanks, but I'm not talking about not being able to send email via the service.

The problem is that some email being sent from aol accounts for example is not arriving at the server.

4. Juanra

Juanra Well-Known Member

If they are being rejected by your server that should be logged in exim_rejectlog

5. avara

avara Well-Known Member

[quote:93664efc73][i:93664efc73]Originally posted by Juanra[/i:93664efc73]

If they are being rejected by your server that should be logged in exim_rejectlog[/quote:93664efc73]

Yeah... But where is it? There are only 5 exim related files in the /etc partition:

exim.conf
    exim.crt
    exim.key
    exim.pl
    eximrejects

&eximrejects& is simply a file which contains the error messsage which exim produces when it's barring the user from sending an email for example.

This is really starting to get very frustrating, because I can't figure out why some email isn't coming through, so again I appreciate any advice on how I can resolve this (at this stage, I'm about to call the data center).

6. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

Those logs that have been mentioned are in /var/log, along with most everything else you'd ever want log- excluding the apache logs of course.

7. avara

avara Well-Known Member

I may have found the problem. I'll let you know as soon as I've confirmed it.