The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some IP Trouble

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jspalding, Apr 23, 2008.

1. jspalding

jspalding Registered

Tried searching, but had problems due to the search not allowing "ip" as a search term, so I apologise if this is covered elsewhere.

I have a VPS with a one hardware nic and one virtual nic (for virtual lan reasons). The eth0 interface has an ip assigned and everything is working, and the other ip addresses allocated to me have been added as virtual interfaces eth0:1 eth0:2 etc.

Now the trouble comes in WHM, where I'm trying to change a site's IP address in order to install an SSL certificate. I am only given the option of my virtual lan's IP address which is useless. I try looking at the IP address allocation table and it shows all my ips (real and virtual), with all the sites on the primary one, but I can not figure out why I dont have the choice of the others in WHM.

I'm fairly proficient with Ubuntu/Debian linux, but have no experience with CENTOS5, just enough to get it going. Not afraid of the CLI if thats whats required.

Thanks for looking, and any ideas would be appreciated!

2. jspalding

jspalding Registered

Please excuse my stupidity - I had the IP address reserved. Oops! :rolleyes: