The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some of my clients cannot send through outlook?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cragdo, Mar 15, 2005.

1. cragdo

cragdo Member

This is realllllly odd.

A couple clients of mine cannot send through outlook (i check their configuration myself and it is correct). The odd part is, when i go on my computer or another computer i can send.

For example: domain.com can recieve emails and even when they set up the accounts they can hit test and it will connect to both the incoming and out going servers but when it comes to sending the test email... they cannot do it?! REALLY odd.

Then another client called me today with the same problem.

Can anyone shed some light on this issue?

2. RAIS2

RAIS2 Well-Known Member

This is starting to become more common with some ISP's ( User End - Their telecommunications provider ) They are blocking port 25. I have in my welcome email this:
    This is sent to each client that signs up, so if they cannot send mail from Outlook, they can try this prior to submitting a support request.

3. kgordon

kgordon Active Member

You can also go into WHM and goto the services section and enable smtp on a port such as 2500. That way customers can send via port 25 and port 2500 if their ISP is being overly protective.

4. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

We listed the vast majority of common email problems in the Knowledge Base on our Web site: ServerTune.com