Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some of your DNS servers do not have A records at all

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Derekn, May 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Derekn

Derekn Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,
    My hostname is currently is xxx.domain.net (so main domain for this is domain.net)
    my main name server is
    ns1.domain.net (point to main IP)
    ns2.domain.net (point to float IP-same datacenter)

I have used WHM and created another user account to host another website with domain domain.com
    So after created the user account and host my website, i went to registrar of domain.com to point it to main server example.net: ns1.example.net and ns2.example.net

The problem: my website domain.com is not accessible sometime, and then i went to intodns.com to check to see what happen. And this is what i get for parent DNS

Nameserver records returned by the parent servers are:

ns1.domain.net. [] (NO GLUE) [TTL=86400]
    ns2.domain.net. [] (NO GLUE) [TTL=86400]

and

ERROR: Some of your DNS servers do not have A records at all. I could not find any A records for the following DNS servers:
    ns1.domain.net
    ns2.domain.net

So i searched all of the forum and google, read the documentation, but i could not find any solution. What i guess is Parent DNS is not match with new user DNS because of different domain.

Can anyone help or give me some suggestion to fix?

Thank you so much

#1 Derekn, May 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2017
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. Derekn

Derekn Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi, thank you so much for your help.
    I did exactly as the Document, but it works for the main domain of my cpanel, but not working for user dns after create new user account. The document basically is in the setup guide.
    Step 1: Set as Bind when i installed Cpanel on my server
    Step 2: Set nameserver as
    ns1.mydomain.net and ns2.mydomain.net
    My primary Cpanel domain is www.mydomain.net and i already point this domain to my server, it is working well.
    Step 3: Set hostname ddn.mydomain.net and A entried for hostname with ip: 1xx.1xx.xx.x
    Step 4: as mentioned, i point domain.net from my registrar to server and it is working fine because i can access to ddn.mydomain.net:2087

So basically, what you said is the setup and i set it up successfully.
    Im having 2 nameserver that pointing to ip that i added ip to each nameserver in WHM:
    ns1.mydomain.net with a record ip: 1xx.1xx.xx.x
    ns2.mydomain.net with a record float ip: 1x.xx.2x.x

Then i log in WHM and create a new user with new domain to host a new website with domain www.example.com
    And i went to my registrar of www.example.com to add above nameserver and point www.example.com to that server, then i have the problem that i mentioned above

The problem: my website www.example.com is not accessible sometime, and then i went to intodns.com to check to see what happen. And this is what i get for parent DNS

Nameserver records returned by the parent servers are:

ns1.mydomain.net. [] (NO GLUE) [TTL=86400]
    ns2.mydomain.net. [] (NO GLUE) [TTL=86400]

and

ERROR: Some of your DNS servers do not have A records at all. I could not find any A records for the following DNS servers:
    ns1.mydomain.net
    ns2.mydomain.net

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look at the affected system and see why the DNS is not working properly.

Thank you.