The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some one on my server is suspending all accounts on the server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by testtubebaby, Nov 24, 2007.

1. testtubebaby

testtubebaby Member

Some one on my server is suspending all accounts on the server .. I unsuspend the accounts... after sometime.. it is suspended again...

I checked reseller privileges for all users and they seem to be fine... we have disabled suspend account privileges for all reseller for now as a temporary fix....

please advise .. if anyone is aware of such issues?

2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Do you use billing software as root or user to automate account processes? I would look into that and obviously look through the logs and trace what is issuing the command.

3. testtubebaby

testtubebaby Member

Hi,

/usr/local/cpanel/logs/access_log isn't showing any entry for /scripts/suspendacct or suspend .

Might be billing software.. will look into it... if anyone has any other ideas.. please do let me know.

4. Amit Deshmukh

Amit Deshmukh Well-Known Member

Root Cause

First of all, You need to find out what cause this problem. Check WHM to find the cause of suspend account.

Then only we can assist you in a better way. Otherwise " To many Cook's will spoil the Soop"

Regards,
    Amit

5. JamesCTotalWeb

JamesCTotalWeb Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    We had this problem once with Modren Bill ........ after an apache re-build MB would go into a loop and suspend every site.

It had something to do with a bad curl config ...... we turned off MB automation then re-built apache again with curl and poof issue was gone.

Not to say this is your issue but it was ours.