The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some problems after auto install...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jackster, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Jackster

Jackster Active Member

Just installed Cpanel via the vePortal.

I got this when going on file manager:

[​IMG]

And on the side bar when i expand stats:

[​IMG]

Is there some thing i haven't done?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Try forcing and update from WHM and see if that helps. I'm not sure what veportal is.

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If updating cPanel doesn't correct these errors, please paste the error message you receive when in the stats area and click on this message:

Code:
    [a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]
    This usually has an error if you click on it. If it doesn't, then tail the cPanel error log when visiting those areas in your browser and provide the errors you see it produce:

Code:
    tail -f /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log
    Thanks!

4. Jackster

Jackster Active Member

I don't understand it all.

Code:
    root@lol [~]# tail -f /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log
            main::doinclude('/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/branding//index.html                                             ', 0, 1) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Branding.pm line 48
            Cpanel::Branding::Branding_include('index.html') called at (eval 5) line                                              1
            eval 'Cpanel::Branding::Branding_include(@{$argref});' called at cpanel                                              line 949
            main::real_exectag('<?cp StatsBar::stat(\x0A[tr class="row-%"]\x0A    [t                                             d class="stats_left"]%[/td]\x0A    [td class="stats_right"]%[/td]\x0A[/tr]\x0A,r                                             owtype,item,value) display=hostingpackage|shorthostname|cpanelversion|theme|apac                                             heversion|phpversion|mysqlversion|machinetype|operatingsystem|sharedip|dedicated                                             ip|sendmailpath|perlpath|kernelversion,rowcounter=$CPVAR{\'rowcounter\'} ?>') ca                                             lled at cpanel line 4015
            main::dotag_finished_headers('<?cp StatsBar::stat(\x0A[tr class="row-%"]                                             \x0A    [td class="stats_left"]%[/td]\x0A    [td class="stats_right"]%[/td]\x0A[                                             /tr]\x0A,rowtype,item,value) display=hostingpackage|shorthostname|cpanelversion|                                             theme|apacheversion|phpversion|mysqlversion|machinetype|operatingsystem|sharedip                                             |dedicatedip|sendmailpath|perlpath|kernelversion,rowcounter=$CPVAR{\'rowcounter\                                             '} ?>', 0) called at cpanel line 3898
            main::cpanel_parseblock('<cpanel Branding="include(index.html)">\x0A') c                                             alled at cpanel line 3842
            main::cpanel_parse(GLOB(0x8e0cee0)) called at cpanel line 5335
            main::run_standard_mode() called at cpanel line 387
    [2010-10-30 14:18:45 +0400] warn [Cpanel::AdvConfig::apache::modules] Unable to                                              locate executable Apache binary
    [2010-10-30 14:18:45 +0400] warn [Cpanel::AdvConfig::apache::modules] Unable to                                              locate executable Apache binary

5. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please check the following:

Code:
    ls -ld /usr/local/apache
    ls -ld /usr/local/apache/conf
    If either are not 755 file permissions, then fix them:

Code:
    chmod 755 /usr/local/apache
    chmod 755 /usr/local/apache/conf
    Also, it would appear you didn't start the tail right before viewing the page as only part of the error is showing. If the above isn't the issue, please start the tail immediately before viewing the page so we get the full error message as you've only got part of the error message there. We need that full error message to ensure we are troubleshooting this properly.

Thanks a bunch!

6. Jackster

Jackster Active Member

I don't know what i did.

But doing some #yum update and #yum install php

Made it all better.

The only thing i have now is trying to load a .php page from my sites directory.

http://www.lolhosting.info/test.php

That is the <?php phpinfo(); ?> file i uploaded.

#6 Jackster, Oct 30, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  7. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    PHP shouldn't be installed via yum. It's something we compile in EasyApache not via yum and installing PHP via yum might well break it working.

At this point, please open a ticket so no additional rpms get installed that might impact other services. You can open a ticket using the link in my signature or via WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel

Please post the ticket number here after opening it and mention this forum thread in the ticket as well.

8. Jackster

Jackster Active Member

I believe because i have got my licence from my server provide, I'm unable to open a ticket.

9. cPanelTristan

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can still submit a ticket as complimentary due to having root SSH access on the machine. If you did not have direct root access, you'd have to ask your provider to submit the ticket to us.

10. Jackster

Jackster Active Member

Sent a ticket......

#10 Jackster, Oct 30, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  11. Jackster

Jackster Active Member

Thank you Jeff Petersen.

You have solved my unusual problem.

Trying to install ionCube loaders now :)