The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Reseller Setup Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EzHost, Jul 1, 2003.

1. EzHost

EzHost Registered

I've just begun using CPanel/WHM, and have most of it figured out..but I have a couple of questions...

In setting up a reseller...I have a domain setup for them, which I then used as their "main" reseller login, and I have a reseller account pretty much setup.

1. Under "Edit Reseller Privileges/Nameservers"...at the very bottom where it asks for primary nameservers, and then secondary nameserver (3 times)....what goes in there? If they are using my main server nameservers...does anything need to go there? If they wanted to use their own nameservers, would I put that here, and what would I put there?

2. When I go into the IP delegation area, I notice that the main nameserver IP is not listed, so I am assuming I have to give them an IP of their own? Assuming this is correct, then will they still be able to use my nameservers?

3. The area that says "Manage Reseller Main Shared/Ipless Ip"...
    If they are given another IP address, other than the main IP address, do I then leave this one set to the main server IP? Of set it to match what was given them as their IP above.

I think thats it for now...thanks in advance for your help.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: