The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

some scripts are hanging for long time please help

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by arambo, Feb 14, 2013.

1. arambo

arambo Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    sometime when i run a script it takes 3000 seconds to run ... and if i run it again it takes 1 second !!!
    and if i run the script and i see its going to take a long time i open a new tab and run the script again and on the new tab and it takes 1 second to finish on the new tab ... i think sometime the server just dont understand the request or something like that ... here is the apache status photo ...you can see that some scripts are talking 1000 second to run and i think in the end they just timeout ... and i am not talking about just one scripts all the scripts have the same problem.
    by the way the load on the server is 0.4 and the memory is 2% ... and today the server was down twice and i could not understand why it was down and it was down for like 2-3 minutes .
    this problem started 3 days ago before that i had no problem and i have changed nothing

here is a link to the 2 photos of apache status
    imgur: the simple image sharer

imgur: the simple image sharer

Attached Files:

#1 arambo, Feb 14, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I'm not sure how anyone could help here, whats the script do? What's the environment of your server? Are you using some sort of caching or other customizations to your system?

3. arambo

arambo Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    its a cloud server with digitalocean.com and i am using CentOS 6.3 x64 ... and some script loads some stuff from mysql and some scripts are just raw xml file ... its like a file with xml content not dynamic ... i think this will help identify the problem.
    is there an easy way to show what plugins i run so i can put them here ?