The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some serious Perl issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by brianc, Aug 31, 2007.

1. brianc

brianc Well-Known Member

May 16, 2003
    I hope someone can help me out here.

I upgraded Perl from 5.8.7 to 5.8.8 last week as per cPanel's recommendation. All is well. Well I installed ImageMagick from source last night and now I am in trouble. For some reason this installation of IM has broken a client's perl based web site (they are using BuildACommunity) and I can't seem to install any perl modules using /scripts/perlinstaller --force. Every time I try to run this script, I keep getting path error messages such as:

Can't locate File/ in @INC (@INC contains: /scripts/cpan_sandbox no/x86_64-linux no /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/x86_64-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .)

The only problem here is I have Perl and its modules installed in /usr/lib/perl5 NOT /usr/local/lib/perl5. I am not sure if this is the problem behind my client's web site or not but it doesn't seem right regardless. How can I correct the @INC statement since /scripts/perlinstaller is looking for these perl modules in the wrong location.

Please help me so I can enjoy my labor day weekend.