The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some Server help required; newbie

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by Bizibidders, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Bizibidders

Bizibidders Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi all,

First post here so go easy! I'm a website owner but have zero knowledge of MySQL, optimising, tuning and all that jazz.

I employed someone to build my website and apparently he tuned it but under minimal use of 15-25 users server load is pretty high in the 2-3 range.

I have a dedicated GoDaddy server on the deluxe package; 8GB RAM, 1TB bandwidth and 2x1TB hard drives, 4x i5 CPUs.

Part of my software is running cronjobs every minute of everyday x365.

It's an auction site which uses timers and they are essential to the users experience and lately they have been freezing/stalling even with 15-25 users. Apparently the server/software is capable of having 1000+ users on at once without any issues.

If someone could help with tuning the server or anything that'll help I'd be v grateful.

2. hoststop

hoststop Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, I am ready to tune the server as required. Let us know as to how you wish us to proceed further.