The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some tool to detect and report domains no longer pointing to server's nameservers?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by ashworth102680, Aug 13, 2011.

1. ashworth102680

ashworth102680 Active Member

Something like this may already exist as either a script or add-in module, but I haven't been able to find it yet.

I'm trying to find a solution to easily report on a list of domains which ones no longer point to our nameservers or resolve to one of a server's IP addresses in the server's IP pool. I have no reservations about purchasing a piece of software for Windows or Linux if such a software exists, but thought I'd ask here since my searches were turning up empty results.

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. JerrySmith

JerrySmith Active Member

Re: Some tool to detect and report domains no longer pointing to server's nameservers

I would recommend placing a feature request on our forums.

With enough interest, the feature may be implemented in the future.

I, for one, would support your request as it seems useful and simple to implement.

Feature Requests for cPanel and WHM

3. ashworth102680

Re: Some tool to detect and report domains no longer pointing to server's nameservers

I'm contemplating building this with PHP as a plugin or module, and want to open source it on Git Hub. The only hang-up is that I'm less familiar with project setup on Git Hub compared to others who have used it more. If anyone wants to collaborate with me on this, I should be able to manage the backend code pieces for the most part.

I've built this functionality as a one-time use application/script in the past, but for whatever reason I cannot seem to find it in my archives, so I may be starting from scratch. If the community shares an interest in this functionality being available as a plugin in cPanel, what sort of features/functionality would you all like to see? A simple report? ...or something more.

4. ashworth102680

Interesting. I just found this:

NDCHost - Account DNS Check plugin for cPanel/WHM

If the functionality still is not what we want it to be, I may be able to recreate this and extend functionality to be a bit more robust, but for my needs today, I'm going to give this a shot.