The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Someone at cPanel needs a serious slap!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by viptexting, Jul 21, 2006.

1. viptexting

viptexting Well-Known Member

I would love someone from cPanel to comment on how their update last night must of put litterally 1000's and 1000's of servers out of action!

There is already a thread here with info on how to fix it, but come on cPanel what do you have to say for yourselves? I dread to think how much money you have lost businesses from your complete incompetance, 1 of my main servers was effected by this update and it's not the 1st time updates have screwed up a server!

I hope heads are going to roll over this because this is completely unaceptable, shame Plesk sucks so much or I might be tempted to change.

I am sure you are just going to moderate this post, would be nice if you could just answer it, as it was you that screwed up!

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

What problems where these exactly? Rather than just criticising cPanel, it would be useful if you included some details so that others in a similar position could find a solution.

What OS and version of cPanel does this effect? The only updates to anything over the last month appear to be for the EDGE tree. Are you running EDGE?

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If you're talking about the bind problems, then you're mistaken.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with cPanel. It does, however, have everything to do with how you setup your DNS resolvers. It's also restricted to the OS update procedure that you use to update the OS that you chose. So the blame, if there is any, lies with your configuration of the server and RedHat sending out a dubious update.

Please be more careful to understand the situation before making accusations.

If it's not that situation you're referring to, then answer webignitions questions.

#3 chirpy, Jul 21, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2006
  4. DigitalN

DigitalN Well-Known Member

Once again cPanel isn't the substitute for an administrator... if you update anything , make sure YOU can fix it if it breaks. That's just common sense. Opensource software and paid for (ala redhat) is known to have issues at times, so you need common sense to get you through, at least.

cPanel cannot be responsible for how you configue your server, they have probably a few test boxes setup correctly, as they know what they are doing and configue things properly, just too bad if you run into issues that you can't solve from time to time, for the most part you wouldn't be running a box wthout them. Plesk really does suck, I personally hate it, an update there can really break stuff, especially if you like to tweak things a lot :)