The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

someone has hacked my phpBB forum

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by Pete M, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Pete M

Pete M Registered

I'm the admin for a phpBB forum and someone has either hacked the site or guessed my password. All they've done so far is change my screen name and password and a couple other things here and there, but as you can imagine, I want my profile back. Is there a way to re-hack (for lack of a better term) from the cPanel pages? You can pretty much consider me a newbie at this.
    Oh, and if it matters, the guy calls himself the "croconile".
    Thanks,
    --Pete

#1 Pete M, Sep 15, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2006
  2. NightStorm

NightStorm Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Easiest way is to simply make the changes in the database. Log into phpMyAdmin, open up the database for your board, and edit the members table to change the first user back to your name, and make sure that the email address is set to yours.
    I would also suggest finding out how they got access to your account and assuring that anything sharing the same password is changed, and that you secure your board better.
    Another option, of course, would be to use a less easily exploited board.
    On a side-note, phpBB has their own support forum for problems involving their software. You would likely receive better support for their system on their boards.

3. Pete M

Pete M Registered

I'm talking with guys on the phpBB help forum too, as well as the support guy at the hosting company.
    Your method sounds simple enough, but I'm not seeing a data base for the forums. Is this at the main cPanel page or do I need to click on something first? (I warned you I was uneducated. :) )
    Thanks,
    --Pete