advancedstudio

Registered
Nov 5, 2004
I have a hosting account that was gave to me in exchange for a service. I have my password for Cpanel but i don't have my password for WHM. I would just ask the person who gave me the server but he is unable to be contacted. Now my question is, is there anyway to find my password so that i can log into WHM? Is there anyway to have someone help me find the password since i have no other way to find out.

dgbaker

PartnerNOC
Sep 20, 2002
Toronto, Ontario Canada
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Maybe to clarify, did you get an entire server or were you just given a hosting account? if only a hosting account you would not have whm access nor require it. If though it is an entire server or reseller account you were given than unfortunatly only the person responsible for your account can help with this matter as no-one can help find a password for you. Sorry. :(

Izzee

Feb 6, 2004
None, unless you had ownership of the server with root access.

Ley

Jan 4, 2004
erm, there is no difference in your cpanel and whm password if its the same account. THE PASSWORD IS THE SAME.

advancedstudio

Registered
Nov 5, 2004
Ok, well see when i first got the server he set the password but then i changed it to a new one. But now i don't remember what my old password is.

dezignguy

Sep 26, 2004
well, you shouldn't have to remember the old password... you changed it remember? You just need to remember the new password.

If you can't remember the new one you set, then you'll have to contact your host to have them reset your password, as they can't be recovered. If it was an email account, you might be able to change the password from the main page after you login to webmail.