The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something I can't narrow down.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stormchaser, Jan 26, 2006.

1. stormchaser

stormchaser Member

I am having a problem I can't seem to narrow down. When I go to any site's control panel (all are using rvskins) it seems to "connect" to the control panel, but then it hanges for about 10-20 seconds (and this is on a high speed connection) and then it loads nearly instantaniously. This does this for all sites.

WHM seems to load just fine. I don't know if this is rvskin related, or cpanel itself related. I thought I would see if you folks have any idea what's going on and how I can speed it back up to the way it used to be.

Let me say, it wasn't always this way, even after adding rvskins way back. This is something that has just come up over the last couple months.

Thanks in advance for any help. I know if it's that slow on my high speed connection, my dialup users must be in pain! I have tested this on two computers, both with high speed connections, and on both IE and Netscape.

2. Zion Ahead

Zion Ahead Well-Known Member

same problem here

Cpanel is loading very slow, yet server load is minimal

Dual Xeon HT
    4GB Memory
    30% SCSI disk usage (10krpm)

WHM loads reasonable, cpanel is incredibly slow otherwise.

Secured ports are the only available method to login, is this one reason of slowness?

Using latest stable [caugh] version of cpanel

I tried

rm -fv /etc/*.lock
    /etc/init.d/cpanel restart

That did nothing to help

3. stormchaser

stormchaser Member

Just for the record, it resolved itself after I moved everything to a new server back in June 06. That original post was in January 06