The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something wierd going on

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ct2k7, May 3, 2008.

1. ct2k7

ct2k7 Member

Hi, I was browsing my site fine this morning, until suddenly, each page redirected to the "Great Success !
    Apache is working on your cPanel® and WHM™ Server" page. I was able to access the site by apphending www. to the URL for a short whilt before restarting Apache via WHM. After that, All I see is the great success page. This was corrected by a restart of the server, however, I'm still faced with the problem of accessing the site without the www. prefix. All subdomains are showing up as that page.

So far, an inpection in WHM reveals that account IPs are "MISSING" however, editing the account shows:

Current Address: 66.6.***.*** (main shared ip)

I also noticed that the server's hostname was changed back to thinkteen.co.uk, rather than it should be: vps.thinkteen.co.uk. This change caused the string of events.

Site: thinkteen.co.uk or www.thinkteen.co.uk (working)

WHM 11.15.0 cPanel 11.18.5-S23897
    CENTOS Enterprise 4.6 i686 on virtuozzo - WHM X v3.1.0

What could be wrong?

Thanks

#1 ct2k7, May 3, 2008
    Last edited: May 3, 2008
  2. Kailash1

Kailash1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    check the entry in httpd.conf and make sure it is correct.

Kailash

3. ct2k7

ct2k7 Member

Hi, many thanks for the reply, I'll be able to do so when I am able to login into Virtuozzo Control Panel, which is currently denying me access.

4. Silver_2000

Silver_2000 Well-Known Member

a post title more specific than" Something wierd going on" would get you more replies

Its pretty safe to assume that most of these posts have something weird going on
    Using that title means that the only people that will reply are those that open every thread

Sounds to me like your server set back to some of its default install settings - what was the last thing you changed ?

5. anton_latvia

anton_latvia Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Have you recently upgraded apache or WHM from a very old version? We have such issue few months ago, when easyapache removed www.<DOMAIN> from httpd.conf, but I assume this was fixed in later builds. Anyway - look inside httpd.conf and get back to us.

Anton.