The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something wrong with Perl?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mary B., Jun 19, 2002.

1. Mary B.

Mary B. Member

I have been trying to install PerlDesk on one of the accounts on my server, and repeatedly get the &Premature end of script headers& error. I've done several tests, and if a cgi script doesn't interact with a MySQL database, it works just fine. If the script uses a MySQL database, it doesn't work at all.

I'm quite certain that my installation of the scripts is correct, and have triple-checked settings, permissions, etc. to be sure I did everything correctly.

Does anyone have ideas as to why this would happen? I think there's something wrong with my Perl installation, but I really don't know how one would go about checking that, other than trying to run various cgi scripts.

Thanks for any insight you can provide - this is driving me nuts! :p

Mary

2. Annette

Annette Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Is that the only error message in the logs, or is it followed up by anything else? Have you tried reinstalling DBD::mysql (perldesk also requires DBI, MIME::Tools)?

3. Mary B.

Mary B. Member

When I first tried the script, this was all I got in the browser:

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@gmbwebworks.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I checked the error logs, and there I found the &Premature end of header& error, followed by the 404 error. After a while, I got frustrated, and added the tables manually to the database. Then I tried running the script again. I got the following error:

Can't locate include/lang/$language.inc in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i686-linux /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at admin.cgi line 54.

I tried a couple other cgi scripts on different accounts on my server, and the ones that need a MySQL database don't work, and the ones that don't need a database, or use a flat file db, do work.

The modules you mention are showing as already installed. I tried re-installing DBD::mysql , but WHM freezes partway through.

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it!

Mary