The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sometimes sites resolve, other times get host not found

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by almecho, Sep 23, 2007.

1. almecho

almecho Member

this has been an ongoing issue with this server on and off for nearly 18 months. it's a standard cpanel on centos installation and if you try to access sites on the server occasionally you simply just can't get there.

pinging the ip will be fine, www.somedomain.com will be fine, www.anotherdomainname.com may be fine but then ftp.anotherdomainname.com will give you a 'host not found' error. maybe it'll work later, maybe not. maybe it's fine for me and not for my customer, broken from one remote location and not another. it's very frustrating...

restarting bind, rebooting the server, upgrading to the current build of cpanel, /scripts/rebuildnamedconf, /scripts/fixrdnc, /scripts/fixnamedviews, none of it works.

i'd welcome any suggestions that anyone can offer at this point, as this has been dragging on now for over a year, and i don't see any end in sight. it's probably something simple but i just dont see it.

2. kroggy

kroggy Registered

same here...

I have the same problem, any help would be appreciated. :)

3. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

PM me your domains, I will be happy to look at them.