Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Sophie Error [Solved - kinda]

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by leighj, Sep 25, 2007.

1. leighj

leighj Well-Known Member

I was reviewing exim_mainlog and found the following errors
    Code:
    malware acl condition: unable to connect to sophie UNIX socket (/var/run/sophie).
    Which is VERY strange as I don't use it but rather clam av. I restarted exim and nothing... I noticed that it started yesterday about the time that daily upcp runs.

So I went and looked at the exim configuration (from WHM)nothing seemed amiss
    Code:
    !!# These options specify the Access Control Lists (ACLs) that
    #!!# are used for incoming SMTP messages - after the RCPT and DATA
    #!!# commands, respectively.

av_scanner = clamd:/var/clamd
    I then resaved and then saw
    Code:
    malware acl condition: clamd: unable to connect to UNIX socket /var/clamd (No such file or directory)
    CLOSER
    Finally I restarted exim manually.
    Code:
    /etc/init.d/exim restart
    And things seems to work fine

Did something change in the past couple days that would affect exim? I'm running WHM 11.2.0 cPanel 11.11.0-S16999

2. nxds

nxds Well-Known Member

I got this sophie error too on 2 servers since 4.50am last night. A manual restart didn't fix it, but I restored default exim config and it worked again. I put back my custom acls and it's been fine since. I also got the clamd: unable to connect to UNIX socket /var/clamd but I think that was because the service exim start had yet to start clamd.