Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Sorry, a DNS entry already exists issue

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by Maquiavelo, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Maquiavelo

Maquiavelo Member

Greetings,

I've used the search option, I've looked everywhere, google etc and this issue is driving me insane.

Ok info:

WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.1-R10
    CentOS 3.5 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0

A user added a domain.com to his account as an addon, then he purchased a separate account to have this domain hosted, so he deleted the domain as addon and we tried to set it up for him.

Big mistake:
    Adding dns entry
    Sorry, a DNS entry for domain.com already exists, please delete it first.

It's not a zone in the DNS functions, I personally checked EVERY servers in the DNS clusters for files in /var/named and in /etc/named.conf with a reference to domain.com I checked ALL of the httpd.conf for said domain; nothing.

Please, someone shed some light on this, whm it's being very buggy :s

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Did you check that the zone file didn't exist in /var/named/*? Also, check that the domain isn't mentioned in any of the cPanel account files in /var/cpanel/users/*

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Maquiavelo

Maquiavelo Member

That's correct, no zone file domain.com is in /var/named/ nor an entry in /etc/named.conf and nothing returned from cat * | grep domain in /var/cpanel/users/

4. Maquiavelo

Maquiavelo Member

bump.

Help :(

5. aby

aby Well-Known Member

Normally you should see some entries for that domain in any of the files above mentioned. If you are sure that no such entry is there, you can open a case with the cpanel or else can let an admin to it for you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Maquiavelo

Maquiavelo Member

Hello,

Well, there are none :P, I'm a L3 Sys Admin and this is the first time I've experienced this, I've "installed" the domain manually in named/apache but the user cannot manage it through cpanel.

Any ideas how I can do this?, I added the domain in the XDNS in /var/cpanel/users/useraccount but he still can't manage it.

7. SACHIN

SACHIN Guest

Sorry, a DNS entry for raghu.com already exists, please delete it first

Hello,

I am having reseller account.

Whenever I terminate any account from my whm and try to recreate I get the following error.

"Sorry, a DNS entry for raghu.com already exists, please delete it first (from all servers in the dns cluster)"

I checked on my server and found the entry in named.conf only.

As the server is reinstalled I am getting this error, before that I was not getting such problem.

So is it possible to have a solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

Thank You,
    Sachin.