The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorry if this has been answered. cpaddons

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by darklord1, Aug 26, 2006.

1. darklord1

darklord1 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The new cpaddons, seems to have a different makeup then the old ones, not that I knew how to make those either lol. I want to create a cpaddon for php-nuke. A favorite for my clients and something I am particularly good at for support.
    I would like to have a way to install my own nuke(prepackaged for security) with true ease.

Perhaps you all can help, Im willing to do the work and would prefer but I just simply dont understand the syntax being used, too many md5 components lol.
    I tried to basically miror mambo but either I missed a file or, I didnt do it right. I copied the php-mambo then edited the files inside, then edited the files outside, I think there was one in the /usr/local/cpanel/cpaddons/cPanel/CMS/php-Nuke.

Then /usr/local/cpanel/cpaddons/cPAddonsAvailable.pm
    and /usr/local/cpanel/cpaddons/cPAddonsConf.pm

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

3. dave9000

dave9000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Not for sure if it was intentional or not but in 11.0-E484 the addons reverted back to the old addon system

4. darklord1

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    uhhh, :confused:
    I did, I honestly thought that was for the old addon system but couldnt understand it none the less. I was hoping there would be an easy no mess way to do it.

Im very new to this and would like to provide my customers with a script that I have developed using php-nuke. Im only good at php right now and hope to learn backend scripting with the same enthusiasm. I will attempt to read and understand this once again but chirpy, I honestly searched before I posted.

5. darklord1

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    ok Ive tried to understand this once again, but in all the addons, theres a cpanelsync and a cpanelsync.md5s

Now if your saying that by making the addon.pm and doing something(I cant figure out what) that these will be automatically created then ok, or if they are not necessary.

I have no clue what to do now because It seems like Im running in circles.

If there is anyway someone could kind of walk me through this, Im afraid Im goin to damage something without being able to get it back up.

Thanks.

Chirpy btw, GREAT firewall protection addon, I love it.

6. darklord1

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You know, I really need to try different approaches sometimes, lol.

I have got it working now, The reason for the confusion is the cpanelsync files to keep it upgraded(I believe thats what theyre for). Id like to learn how to make the addon distrubutable and updatable. Perhaps you have some reading on that as well. Also making this helped me to become more familiar with the commands to tar and gzip and some of their functionality, Thats why I do these little projects, help me to learn other things.

Thanks for the replys and help. Cpanel RULES!!!