The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorry, some help at creating accounts, please!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by romaniucc, Feb 15, 2006.

1. romaniucc

romaniucc Member

Hi!

I just get the server set-up again (they insytalled linux again too) and I don't know how to add accounts.

I created a new package, then I went to "create a new account" and added all. In fact, the problem is that I don't want reseller accounts. So I didn't checked "Owner (only if reseller)", with no luck. I created the account again, leaving "Owner (only if reseller)" and "Reseller" unchecked. But the account is still apearing in the Resellers-->Show Reseller Accounts.

I just want to set up a main account, and then all other accounts as sub-accounts for the main one, but no resellers.

How can I do that? Please help!

Thank you so much!

2. elleryjh

elleryjh Well-Known Member

You did it right.

All accounts show in show reseller accounts.

Look at the top of the group where the account is listed. It will show (in bold and underlined), the name of the reseller account that created the account. This will be the account that you created the new account with. If you're logged in as root, then it will say root.

3. romaniucc

romaniucc Member

Thank you!
    Can you please tell me exactly what to check or uncheck? I mean Reseller or Owner (only if reseller)? I don't want reseller.

So I add my main account. And I want all others accounts to be like a sub-account for the first one. How I do that? Is it enough to use the same package?

Thank you again!

4. elleryjh

To create the main reseller account, login as root to whm and create an account with both "Reseller" and "Owner (only id reseller)" checked. (If you check "Owner..." then that account will be editable by itself. Otherwise it will only be editable by root or the account that created it.)

If you want the new accounts to be subaccounts of your first, main reseller account:
    Then login to whm as that new account. Create the subaccounts with "Reseller" UNCHECKED (which is the default). It doesn't make ANY difference if you check "Owner" - it ONLY makes a difference when the new account is a reseller account.

#4 elleryjh, Feb 15, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2006
  5. romaniucc

romaniucc Member

Thank you again, this helps a lot. There is a problem still, cause I cannot login to WHM with the main account, it simply doesn't allow it. But I guess I did something wrong.

Another thing: I have setup my own nameservers into the general WHM. But when I go to Networking Setup-->Nameserver IPs it shows only one nameserver, alldough I have it as a A entry. Where is the problem?

Thank you again, you're doing a great job helping us newbies!

6. elleryjh

Can't login to WHM with the new account? Are you sure you made it a reseller? Go to Reseller Center as root and assign it reseller privs.

In Nameserver IPs, if it only shows one nameserver that means you haven't assigned them.
    At the bottom of that page, add your nameservers by entering them.

Of course you have to set those up with your registrar before adding them in cpanel.

7. romaniucc

romaniucc Member

In Nameserver IPs I see the first nameserver, other 3 free ips, but it doesn't show the second nameserver, ns1.domain.com. And when I try to add it, it returns:
    Sorry, the nameserver ns1.domain.com already has the ip bla.bla assigned to it.

Thanks again!