Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by erikjmanger, Jan 22, 2018.

1. erikjmanger

erikjmanger Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello everyone,

I am posting here as a last resort because I've tried mostly everything I can find online in regards to this issue. I have a dedicated server which runs cPanel / WHM and my friend is having issues adding domains to his reseller account.

The error is as follows:
    "(XID gweq28) Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver."

My friend has his own dedicated IP address which has been added / paired through WHM. His nameservers are pointed to his IP address and the domain trying to be added is pointed towards that nameserver.

Please help me fix this issue without allowing remote domains? Even with that enabled the domains still don't work. I believe I have a DNS issue.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Can you verify the domain name is active at the domain registrar? I've seen this happen when the domain name is under a status such as "ClientHold" at the registrar.

Thank you.