Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Sorry, the page you were looking for does not exist or is not available

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stipfy, May 12, 2019.

1. Stipfy

Stipfy Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hey guys, new to cpanel and have to use it as a class requirement for a project. I completed my website, have it up and running properly through xampp. But now I moved all the files into file manager ->public.html. And I also have a index.php file to start off everything. When I go to my domain (only allow to have one since this cpanel is linked to my university server.) and when I click on it to go to my website, it says "Sorry, the page you were looking for does not exist or is not available." But sometimes it'll say it "cannot find IP address." Anyone know what is the issue here?

Also my domain is named "(my name).nodomain" I'm not sure if that cause a problem or not.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    It may. Does the domain without yourname, open? In other words, if the account is setup for, yourname.example.com, does, example.com open as expected?

Let's assume for a moment that your index.php has an issue, create a text file with the text, hello world, save that file as index.html, and upload it to the public_html directory. Next, check to see if yourname.example.com/index.html opens as expected.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Stipfy

Stipfy Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    No, it doesn't open and I get the can't find IP address error. I also tested out with a basic text file to print out hello world and I got the same error from that too.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Time to contact the person managing the server for your class, then. You can't sort this on your own, they'll need to make sure you can access the yourname.example.com account from your browser.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Stipfy likes this.