The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorry, you are out of IPs to assign as nameservers

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by ne0shell, Dec 26, 2010.

1. ne0shell

ne0shell Well-Known Member

I have 32 IPs free, showing up in cPanel and in shell, all ping fine, etc. I added my primary nameservers (first two) just fine except I keep getting the "hostname resolves to . " error despite everything being set in my zone files just fine.

I'm trying to add a reseller account and assign the account it's own nameservers and I get the "out of IPs to assign" message. I looked at the /etc/nameserverips file to try the manual fix but it already lists every IP on the server with "=0" next to it, ie: 192.168.1.1=0

Any suggestions?

2. Indianets

Indianets Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You may try -

service ipaliases restart

If this does not solve the issue, try upcp.

Vijay

3. ne0shell

running "service ipaliases restart" threw some weird errors -

unrouting 9x.8x.2x.1xx SIOCDELRT: No such device

Shutting down eth0:4 SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address

There's a bunch of these throughout the results.

4. ne0shell

I'm able to manually create nameservers using the trick of editing the /etc/nameserverips file and then going back to the reseller panel in WHM where they will then show up in the add nameservers, assign IPs and add A record section.

They seem to be working fine so far. (The nameservers are for reseller accounts and the records added to them today are resolving perfectly).

If I try to add a reseller nameserver via WHM's GUI without editing the /etc/nameserverips file first, however - I still get the "Sorry, you are out of IPs to assign as nameservers" error message even with 30 free IPs showing as available via WHM.

I've searched everywhere and cannot find a root cause for this issue nor a solution for it. I'm concerned there may be other symptoms I'm not aware of yet from this issue and would like to find a resolution.