The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sorting of email filters??

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by cornersoyo, Mar 19, 2009.

1. cornersoyo

cornersoyo Registered

Mar 19, 2009

cPanel 11.24.4-R34599 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9
    CENTOS 5.2 i686 on virtuozzo

We are currently using SA with cPanel email filtering to implement a more manageable spam control program for our business.

Since we began implementing multiple "control" email addresses (spam@..., spamkill@..., whitelist@..., etc.) along with a few cronjobs (i.e. sa-learn on the whitelist/blacklist addresses) we have found that we need our cpanel email filters to remain in a certain order for the system to filter/sort/forward in the manner we require.

The problem is, whenever we update one of the filters, it moves to the bottom of the list. Then we need to go into each of the filters above it, click 'activate', to move them back underneath the one we changed, such that all filters are back in the proper order.

To facilitate this, we named all of our filters starting with numbers (10-, 20-, 30-, etc.) so it would be easy to acknowledge the order they need to be in.

I do see that there is the ability to sort the filters by clicking on the header - but it doesn't stick - it would really be great if there was a way to make that sorting stick, or to have cpanel sort these by default...

Is there??

Thanks for any thoughts...
    #1 cornersoyo, Mar 19, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2009