Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SOS!!!Apache Failed, what do i do??

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by arnab, Jan 24, 2002.

1. arnab

arnab Registered

I am getting Apache failed in my WHM, how do I rectify it. When ever I trying to access and site on my server it is giving me connection failed.
    :eek: if my apache has failed how can i access the WHM, isn\'t apache handling my requests??

2. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

a) /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log

b) /var/log/messages

c) WHmanager runs off a completely different process than the core apache server CPanel installs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. totalufo

totalufo Well-Known Member

apache failing

Here's what I'm getting inmy error log. How do you fix this Apache is failing

root@localhost [~]# tail /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log
    [Thu Mar 7 13:52:21 2002] [warn] Loaded DSO libexec/mod_userdir.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)
    [Thu Mar 7 13:52:21 2002] [warn] Loaded DSO libexec/mod_alias.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)
    [Thu Mar 7 13:52:21 2002] [warn] Loaded DSO libexec/mod_access.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)
    [Thu Mar 7 13:52:21 2002] [warn] Loaded DSO libexec/mod_auth.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)
    [Thu Mar 7 13:52:21 2002] [warn] Loaded DSO libexec/mod_setenvif.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)
    [Thu Mar 7 13:52:21 2002] [warn] Loaded DSO libexec/mod_attach.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash under EAPI! (please recompile it with -DEAPI)
    [Thu Mar 7 13:52:21 2002] [warn] pid file /usr/local/apache/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?
    [Thu Mar 7 13:52:21 2002] [notice] Apache/1.3.23 (Unix) mod_bwlimited/1.0 PHP/4.1.2 mod_log_bytes/0.3 mod_attach/0.9 configured -- resuming normal operations
    [Thu Mar 7 13:52:21 2002] [notice] suEXEC mechanism enabled (wrapper: /usr/local/apache/bin/suexec)
    [Thu Mar 7 13:52:21 2002] [notice] Accept mutex: sysvsem (Default: sysvsem)

4. WeinBar

WeinBar Well-Known Member

If this was working and now all of a sudden you are getting these messages, then you may have a memory problem. Have you tried rebooting your server? Sometimes that takes care of those issues.

If a reboot helps, I would look at the server's memory as a starting point

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. totalufo

Thanks! I'll try that

6. totalufo

After numerous differnet attempts at trying to fix this problem, I've had no success. Apache still fails every 3 hours or so. Had anyone else had this experience?

7. totalufo

I wanted you all to know that I fiex it and I wanted to post the solution.

When this server was set up, the clicent accidently put in a master name server which turned it into a slave.

I went into named.conf and di the following.

I changed this:

zone &mantalkz.com& {
    type slave;
    masters {
    ns1.mantalkz.com;
    };
    file &/var/named/mantalkz.com.db&;
    };

To this:

zone &mantalkz.com& {
    type master;
    file &/var/named/mantalkz.com.db&;
    };

Named started and it is now working fine. Hope this helps someone else one day.

8. AbeFroman

AbeFroman BANNED

Hello

Thanks for the info,

How did you decided to edit named.conf?

9. totalufo

because when trying to restart bind, it told me &named not running&