The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spam Assassin Autodelete removes all Account level Filters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skurtz, Nov 29, 2009.

1. skurtz

skurtz Member

When changing the Spam Assassin Autodelete feature, all of my custom Account Level filters are deleted, replaced with one "Generated SpamAssassin Discard Rule".

The Autodelete feature should create a filter that "plays nice" with other filters and does not delete them.

#1 skurtz, Nov 29, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2009
  2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Upon testing I was unable to reproduce the described symptoms using the latest EDGE build of cPanel version 11.25 (11.25.0-EDGE_41363).

Please submit a support request so that the specific circumstances on the affected server and user account can be thoroughly inspected; when available, please PM me the ticket ID number so I may follow-up internally. If needed, the link in my forums signature may be used to initiate the submission.

Moderator Note: Please be aware the Feature Requests forum is for feature requests and is not suitable for reporting suspected bugs; to report a possible bug please submit a support request so that proper attention and investigation can be performed, allowing the issue to be efficiently tracked and escalated where needed. Your understanding is appreciated; thank you. :)

3. skurtz

skurtz Member

I should be more specific. Enabling SA Auto-delete removes only previous rules pertaining to Spam Filtering (Spam Score, Spam Bar ...). Other rules (From, To, etc) do not get deleted.

I think this is on purpose, not a bug. That's why I posted this in Feature Requests. It would be nice if SA did not delete previously existing Account Level Spam Filters, and only managed it's own.

4. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Thank you for the additional clarification.

What is the full cPanel version of the system?

5. skurtz

skurtz Member

Our cPanel version is 11.24.5-STABLE, Build 38506.