Spam Assassin Autodelete removes all Account level Filters

skurtz

Nov 29, 2009
When changing the Spam Assassin Autodelete feature, all of my custom Account Level filters are deleted, replaced with one "Generated SpamAssassin Discard Rule".

The Autodelete feature should create a filter that "plays nice" with other filters and does not delete them.

Last edited:

cPanelDon

cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Nov 5, 2008
Houston, Texas, U.S.A.
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Upon testing I was unable to reproduce the described symptoms using the latest EDGE build of cPanel version 11.25 (11.25.0-EDGE_41363).

Please submit a support request so that the specific circumstances on the affected server and user account can be thoroughly inspected; when available, please PM me the ticket ID number so I may follow-up internally. If needed, the link in my forums signature may be used to initiate the submission.

Moderator Note: Please be aware the Feature Requests forum is for feature requests and is not suitable for reporting suspected bugs; to report a possible bug please submit a support request so that proper attention and investigation can be performed, allowing the issue to be efficiently tracked and escalated where needed. Your understanding is appreciated; thank you. :)

skurtz

Nov 29, 2009
I should be more specific. Enabling SA Auto-delete removes only previous rules pertaining to Spam Filtering (Spam Score, Spam Bar ...). Other rules (From, To, etc) do not get deleted.

I think this is on purpose, not a bug. That's why I posted this in Feature Requests. It would be nice if SA did not delete previously existing Account Level Spam Filters, and only managed it's own.