The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spam Assassin bouncing (not filtering) GTUBE tests

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Sam Oakley, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Sam Oakley

Sam Oakley Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    With Spam Assassin enabled and set to the default setting of 5, my GTUBE tests are bouncing back whether I have Auto-Delete Spam enabled or disabled.

My bouncebacks include this line:

The error that the other server returned was:
    550 "The mail server detected your message as spam and has prevented delivery."

I set up a Spam folder via the User-level filtering, (Spam Bar contains +++++) and "Deliver to /.Spam" but none of my GTUBE tests have found their way there.

I tested a GTUBE messae with Spam Assassin turned off and that arrived in the inbox, so that confirms to me they're not being filtered out higher up by the host.

I'm attaching screenshots of what I'm seeing in Spam Assassin just incase you can tell me whether my installation has limited capabilities - otherwise I'm not sure what I'm missing.

I'd be grateful of any help -the client is keen to have incoming spam identified and forwarded to their spam folder so they can monitor settings.

Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Do you have root access to search one of these messages in /var/log/exim_mainlog? If not, could you report the issue to your web hosting provider so they can search the log to determine if there are any specific issues reported?

Thank you.