The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spam Assassin settings gone & Email vanishing

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Cvisitor, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Cvisitor

Cvisitor Registered

Greetings!
    FYI, I am not a programmer or ISP. I am an end user who is pulling his hair out. I have been to several hosts that have had the same problems, and they can't figure it out.

Problem #1
    I have (at least) twice had a problem with my Spam Assassin settings suddenly disappearing for no apparent reason. After spending about 30 minutes or so entering addresses in the the white & black lists, I came back a few days later to find that SA was suddenly disabled, and all my data was gone! Blank, like it was a new account. No idea why.

Problem#2
    The other problem I keep having is that email sent to a particular address never shows up, nor does it bounce back. It just vanishes. I looked in the mail cue and the messages are there, but when I check my email (using Eudora 6.1) nothing gets downloaded.

I can setup forwards and they work fine. I read this thread;

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=C...=uxfgktdXDHA.3248@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl&rnum=9

about it possably being related to cppop, but as I mentioned , I am not a programmer, so I don't know.

I would appreciate any info anyone can give regarding these problems and how to fix or work around them. This occured with cPanel Build 9.4.1-STABLE 64 & 65.

Thanks Much
    Cguest

2. pubwvj

pubwvj Active Member

Me too + tip

I to have been having this problem plus I've had the CPanel SpamAssassin Setup create duplicate entries of everything when it saves. I abandoned using it. Instead I'm keeping a text file on my own computer of the settings for SpamAssasin's user_prefs file and then I upload them with File Manager when I want to make changes. This saves a lot of time and means I can't lose my settings if the web side CPanel freaks and loses stuff, double writes, etc. I've also had trouble with the Filters settings in CPanel and taken to writing those myself and keeping a local copy.

The other problem I've had is SA seems to have stopped working totally as of last night. 3.0.0 was working for a few days but then it died.

Anyone with a fix?

3. Cvisitor

Cvisitor Registered

Import/ Export Settings?

An Import/ Export Setting feature would be useful.