The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spam Box Cleaning?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wimp, Dec 24, 2003.

1. wimp

wimp Well-Known Member

hi,
    is there any way to clean customers spam box?
    There are many clients forget to check spam box from time to time and this will full up there account...

thanks

2. sneader

sneader Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'd like to know this also. Or, is there a way to enable spam assassin to just reject the spam and not collect in the inbox?

Near as I can tell, there are two ways to set up Spam Assassin:

1) no spam box. Mail subject is edited to have the word **spam** in the subject line, customer still gets all the spam as always, but now they can filter it in their e-mail program.

2) spam box. Piles of spam collects in a new mailbox on the server and forces the user to remember to view and delete the piles of spam.

Or am I missing something?

- Scott

3. sneader

sneader Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I see now that I can use e-mail filters to filter the spam to be discarded, either all spam, or only spam that scores higher than a certain threshold.

The only remaining question I have is... I hear people talking about feeding their spam mail to "sa-learn", to try to teach Spam Assassin more about what the user considers to be spam. Is "sa-learn" supported, or can any of you tell me more about this process? I have searched for "spam assassin learn" as keywords here in the forum, and didn't come up with any matches.

TIA! Happy Holidays and here's to a spam-free New Year.

- Scott