The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spam Business Solution?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Gunstra, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Gunstra

Gunstra Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have a customer who is in need of a spam solution for his business mail accounts. He has setup 15 mail accounts under his cpanel for his employees and can use spamassassin for his main cpanel mail account but cannot activate it per user through cpanel.

I am wondering if there is any other software that I could add to cpanel or 3rd party that would work with his email accounts for blocking spam for his employees and his main account too?

The customer does not want to use boxtrapper because of making all his business clients have to verify and such he would prefer to keep it similar to spamassassin but be able to control it per email account.

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to offer.

2. dynaweb

dynaweb Well-Known Member

I know many businesses use Outlook as their program to check emails. Is this the case for your customer?

3. Gunstra

Gunstra Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Some do but for the most part they use the cPanel Webmail, most are using RoundCube Webmail. I have heard that setting spamassassin from the main email account would filter all accounts under it but this is not true, it is not doing this, because the main account has the spam cut down but the other 14 accounts are all getting thousands of spams.

The client came from Exchange Mail where they had the filtering they needed, but I saved them some money but I don't seem to be able to offer an affordable solution because spamassassin is lacking the features needed for multiple email accounts.

I appreciate your guys help, if you come across anything please post here :)

BrentD

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  5. dynaweb

dynaweb Well-Known Member

I have not heard that. Maybe the folks you heard this from were confused. Maybe what they meant to say was that setting the master SA config for serverwide. Yes it is possible to do that and for it to work pretty well, but it needs to be configured properly. If you want help PM me.

6. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Well-Known Member

MailScanner actually is a great solution. With minimal configuration (they'll install it for you), you can get really good spam protection for all users on your server. I've used it for a couple of years and, after some judicious adjustment of whitelists and blacklists, I'm getting spam protection near as good as that offered by specialty email hosts.