Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Spam > Disabling exim automatically

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Radio_Head, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Radio_Head

Radio_Head Well-Known Member

I am really tired to fight against spammers sending spam from my box :mad: ...

It could be a nice feature if cpanel could be able to detect
    an abnormal usage of exim (for example after a custom number of messages on queue , for example 500, it should be able to detect this abnormal usage) .

If an abnormal usage of exim is detected, cpanel should de-activate exim automatically and should send an advice to pager and email administrator contacts .

Is it a good idea ? What do you think , is it realizable ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Radio_Head, Mar 18, 2003
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2003
  2. NeutralGold

NeutralGold Well-Known Member

Well, I havnt used whm/cpanel that long but i know you have an option of limiting the amount of mail being sent out via tweak settings... I did that!

3. Radio_Head

Radio_Head Well-Known Member

Well I have set this limit of course , however yesterday someone on my box was able to send over 3000 messages bypassing those restrictions slowing down the server , and I received no warning from whm .

Luckly I was online so I stopped the spammer .

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...