Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Spam Filter Auto Delete Setting

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by martin MHC, Jan 17, 2019.

1. martin MHC

martin MHC Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    NOTE: This is a Bug report as this topic title was edited by a moderator:
    Previous versions of WHM had Configure Auto-Delete Threshold Score set a floating value. Currently Version 76 (76.0.17 ) has Configure Auto-Delete Threshold Score set as only an integer value.

WHM version 76.0.17

Cpanel account Emails --> Spam Filtering [Apache Spam Assassin] -->

The previous system ( WHM 74 and before) was able to AUTO DELETE emails that exceeded the custom threshold to the criteria of X.XX specificity.

NOW: While the DELETE threshold can be set to a custom value of X.XX this value is not retained on WHM . And re-entering the view simply shows system as X level.

For example:

Account emails have Spam filtering enabled and spam is marked above custom level 4.5. I want to enable deleting spam above level 6.5 . This was previously standard / common.

This setting CAN BE SET using the

-->Configure Auto-Delete Threshold Score link

Within this I can set a Custom value X.XX; say I set the value to 6.5 .

Then save, the message "Success: The Auto-Delete Threshold Score has been updated to 6.5." is displayed. Then I exit back to the main Cpanel menu.
    Returning to the Email --> Spam Filtering page it now states:

Auto-Delete is enabled. This will permanently delete all new email messages with a calculated spam score that meets or exceeds the Auto-Delete Threshold Score.

And clicking on the
    -->Configure Auto-Delete Threshold Score link presents me with updating the custom score of 6

NOT 6.5 .

This is present on two separate servers both running WHM 76.0.17 so I believe this is present across all systems and is not server-specific.

EDIT:

This is provably a bug as email accounts that have not been edited since WHM 76 show "Spam Score threshold as 6.5" yet once this score is adjusted and saved - as shown above - as, say 6.55, this value is only saved as an interger (6) rather than as a float (6.55).

#1 martin MHC, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  2. martin MHC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    When reporting an issue like this, after checking the forums for existing threads with similar issues, please feel free to use the link on top of the forums titled, "Defects" to properly report it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. martin MHC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you. I submitted a defect report. curiously I don't remember noticing this button before. Possbly using the words "Bug Report" would appear stronger on my visual radar!

EDIT: Inquiry ID: 11219663

#4 martin MHC, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    Infopro likes this.
  5. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Thanks!

Defects sounds nicer. My boss choose it years ago when we added it there. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...